Ref. 2.1 Company Policy.
The policy of this business is to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees while at work and to protect its customers, visitors and the general public from injury due to its work activities. The business will therefore comply with all statutory requirements, regulations and approved codes of practice dealing with health and safety where applicable to the business and meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety)
The health and safety of employees, customers, visitors and the general public, will be of paramount importance. Specifically we will ensure that all staff, visitors, contractors and consultants have sufficient information to carry out their duties with minimum risk. Additionally we will;
1. Ensure there is the provision for adequate resources
2. Training needs are identified and met.
3. Managers/supervisors demonstrate to staff their commitment to Health and welfare.
4. Plant and equipment is of safe design and properly maintained.
5. Suitable site accommodation is provided for all staff at or near work sites, providing shelter and messing facilities.
6. Maintain a robust system of self-regulation which involves inspections, audits and continuous monitoring and complies with OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety)
Safety will always be the first consideration in all matters relating to the business’s work activities.
All employees will;
1. Observe all rules of health, safety and conduct for ensuring their own safety and that of others and work closely with main contractors / customers.
2. Use any safety equipment provided in accordance with statutory requirements.
3. Ensure that any such equipment is not destroyed or abused and co-operate as far as necessary in the requirements of any statutory duty.
4. Wear any personal protective equipment provided in accordance with statutory requirements.
The Managing Director will have overall responsibility for the successful implementation of this policy. This safety policy shall be reviewed at annual intervals from the date indicated on this current statement and the target shall be to continuously review and improve Health and Safety within the business.
The joint co-operation of all employees in the observance of this policy will provide health and safety working conditions and will be of advantage to all.
Staff shall be encouraged to document and report incidents / near misses. These reports will be investigated the aim is to prevent problems occurring.