Ref. 2.1 Company Policy.
Buchanan Skip Hire Limited is committed to a positive and responsible course of action with regard to those aspects of the business, which impact upon the environment. It seeks always to act in accordance with good practice, preserving and, where possible, enhancing the quality of the environment.
Commitment to the environment is demonstrated by maintaining an Environmental Management System, which meets the requirements of ISO 14001 and is focused on preventing pollution and continuously improving the company performance. Key components of the system include the establishment of environmental objectives and targets, which require the company to achieve continual improvement and the establishment of programmes to ensure satisfaction of these improvements, objectives and target.
The strategy addresses the following key areas to:
- Review Environmental impacts pre-work
- Improve materials (design out banned /restricted chemical) and ensure resources used throughout the supply chain are non restricted.
- Increase employee awareness and training
- Protect natural resources,
- Recycle materials and minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Relate to customers and regulatory authorities
- Safely transport and dispose of waste materials
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of fleet and the source of power requirement, renewing all HGV and plant equipment when they are 4 years old with new vehicles with the most up to date Euro rating.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst customers and suppliers.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company, shown below
Management, staff and employees are encouraged to liaise and work closely with suppliers, sub-contractors and customers to ensure the services will meet and exceed all regulatory requirements and other applicable requirements. Questions and enquiries should be directed to the Quality / Environmental Manager. This policy is publicly available.