4 weeks till Christmas…
As we step into the final stretch of the year, it’s the perfect time to pause and reflect on all the changes and growth that have happened the past few months, and the next few coming weeks.
We’re excited to bring you up to speed on the latest updates from the past few months.
Upgrading our current grab lorry is an exciting step towards enhancing efficiency, productivity, and capability within our operations.
A new grab lorry is less likely to face breakdowns or operational issues compared to older models. This reliability ensures consistent performance, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
Newer grab lorries often come equipped with the latest technological advancements. This includes improved fuel efficiency, better safety features, and enhanced manoeuvrability, contributing to cost savings.
Latest models often boast better load capacities and faster cycle times. This increased efficiency translates to higher productivity, allowing for more jobs to be completed in a shorter timeframe.
Newer grab lorries are more likely to meet current environmental regulations and emission standards.
Newer models frequently include enhanced safety features such as improved braking systems, better visibility, and driver assistance technologies, reducing the risk of accidents and ensuring a safer working environment.
Investing in a new grab lorry brings a host of benefits – Keep your eyes peeled for future updates.
Upgrading our skips can revolutionize the way we handle waste management, offering opportunities for increased efficiency, reduced environmental impact, and improved customer satisfaction.
New skips are built with sturdy materials and construction, ensuring durability and a longer lifespan compared to older ones. This durability means they can withstand rough handling and repeated use without deteriorating quickly.
Newer skips may come with enhanced safety features such as secure locking mechanisms, reflective markings for visibility, and reinforced edges, minimizing the risk of accidents during loading, unloading, and transportation.
New skips typically require less maintenance compared to older models as they are less prone to wear and tear.
Some newer skips may incorporate eco-friendly materials or designs aimed at reducing environmental impact. They might be recyclable or designed to optimize waste separation and disposal, aligning with sustainability goals.
Take a look at our new bright orange skips!
Duncan Buchanan, our Senior Mechanic is going through a PUWER course which allows him to enhance existing skills and stay up to date with regulations.
PUWER stands for the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, a set of regulations in the United Kingdom that aim to ensure that work equipment is safe and suitable for use. A PUWER course typically covers the guidelines and requirements set forth by these regulations to ensure a high standard of safety of employees using work equipment.
A PUWER course may include the following key components:
- Understanding the legal framework and obligations set by PUWER, including employer and employee responsibilities regarding work equipment safety.
- Learning how to conduct thorough risk assessments of work equipment to identify potential hazards and mitigate risks to ensure the safety of users.
- Understanding the criteria for selecting appropriate work equipment for specific tasks and ensuring it is used correctly and safely by trained personnel.
- Guidelines on maintaining work equipment in a safe condition, including regular inspections, servicing, and repair procedures to prevent accidents.
- Providing adequate training to employees who operate or work with equipment to ensure they are competent and aware of safety protocols and procedures.
- Understanding and implementing safety measures, including safeguarding, emergency stop procedures, and protective measures to minimize risks associated with work equipment.
- Understanding the importance of keeping records of inspections, maintenance, training, and any incidents related to work equipment.
Participating in a PUWER course helps organizations maintain a safe working environment, reduce accidents, prevent injuries, and ensure compliance with legal requirements, ultimately promoting workplace safety and well-being.
Team Night Out
Our team enjoyed a fantastic Christmas dinner at Bistro19 Harburn.
Here’s to many more magical moments together in the coming year!
Happy Holidays from our incredible team! 🎁🌟