Policies & Licenses
Our Environmental Policy
Buchanan Skip Hire Limited is committed to a positive and responsible course of action with regard to those aspects of the business, which impact upon the environment. It seeks always to act in accordance with good practice, preserving and, where possible, enhancing the quality of the environment.
Commitment to the environment is demonstrated by maintaining an Environmental Management System, which meets the requirements of ISO 14001 and is focused on preventing pollution and continuously improving the company performance. Key components of the system include the establishment of environmental objectives and targets, which require the company to achieve continual improvement and the establishment of programmes to ensure satisfaction of these improvements, objectives and target.
The strategy addresses the following key areas to:
- Review Environmental impacts pre-work
- Improve materials (design out banned /restricted chemical) and ensure resources used throughout the supply chain are non restricted.
- Increase employee awareness and training
- Protect natural resources,
- Recycle materials and minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Relate to customers and regulatory authorities
- Safely transport and dispose of waste materials
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of fleet and the source of power requirement, renewing all HGV and plant equipment when they are 4 years old with new vehicles with the most up to date Euro rating.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst customers and suppliers.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company, shown below
Management, staff and employees are encouraged to liaise and work closely with suppliers, sub-contractors and customers to ensure the services will meet and exceed all regulatory requirements and other applicable requirements. Questions and enquiries should be directed to the Quality / Environmental Manager. This policy is publicly available.
Certificates and Licences
Our Health & Safety Policy
The policy of this business is to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees while at work and to protect its customers, visitors and the general public from injury due to its work activities. Our business will therefore comply with all statutory requirements, regulations and approved codes of practice dealing with health and safety where applicable to the business and meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety)
Most importantly the health and safety of employees, customers, visitors and the general public, is of paramount importance. Specifically we will ensure that all staff, visitors, contractors and consultants have sufficient information to carry out their duties with minimum risk. Additionally we will;
- Ensure there is the provision for adequate resources
- Training needs are identified and met.
- Managers/supervisors demonstrate to staff their commitment to Health and welfare.
- Plant and equipment is of safe design and properly maintained.
- Suitable site accommodation is provided for all staff at or near work sites, providing shelter and messing facilities.
- Maintain a robust system of self-regulation which involves inspections, audits and continuous monitoring and complies with OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety)
Safety will always be the first consideration in all matters relating to the business’s work activities.
All employees will;
- Observe all rules of health, safety and conduct for ensuring their own safety and that of others and work closely with main contractors / customers.
- use any safety equipment provided in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Ensure that any such equipment is not destroyed or abused and co-operate as far as necessary in the requirements of any statutory duty.
- Wear any personal protective equipment provided in accordance with statutory requirements.
The Managing Director will have overall responsibility for the successful implementation of this policy. This safety policy shall be reviewed at annual intervals from the date indicated on this current statement and the target shall be to continuously review and improve Health and Safety within the business.
With the joint co-operation of all employees in the observance of this policy will provide health and safety working conditions and of advantage to all.
Staff shall be encouraged to document and report incidents / near misses. These reports will be investigated the aim is to prevent problems occurring.
Our Quality Policy
It is the policy of Buchanan Skip Hire Limited to provide customers with a service which fulfils their specified requirements. The following principles are applied throughout the company:
- Full dedication of all personnel to improve customer service.
- 100% attitude of all personnel to be active involvement in making improvements.
- Full commitment to using environmentally friendly products and promoting the re-cycling of old materials.
- Focus on training and development of staff.
- Full understanding by all employees, of long term importance of achieving customer satisfaction, by providing a consistently high quality range of products.
- An appreciation that a consistent quality services can only be achieved by ensuring control at each stage of services
- To ensure that the utmost care is taken to maximise the volume and quantity of all materials received which is diverted from landfill.
We will provide an environment in which every person is motivated to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our service, processes and management system. A company wide quality assurance system is in operation and which is designed to comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. The Quality Manual defines the commitments of the company and the complementary Quality Procedures detail the methods that are employed to ensure customer satisfaction.
Most importantly they always answer the phone. Always friendly & helpful, skips delivered & uplifted quickly.
tRACY INGLIS GILL